Make an easy side dish that everyone will love with this recipe for Air Fryer Parmesan Potatoes. Flavorful and crispy on the outside, these potatoes are sure to be a hit at your next family gathering. Try them today and see why they should be a part of your recipe rotation.
Parmesan Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Crispy and cheesy potatoes made with the convenience of an air fryer – sounds like a match made in heaven, doesn’t it? If you’re looking for an easy side dish to liven up any dinner table or occasion, parmesan potatoes in the air fryer are definitely worth trying. Delicious and nutritious, these air-fried potatoes are sure to be a hit even among picky eaters.
If you are new to using an air fryer, then this is a perfect starter recipe. The ingredients are things you likely already have on hand, and it’s practically foolproof. Plus, you don’t have to heat up the kitchen with the oven!
- Red potatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Vegetable oil or olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley
You can add any other preferred seasonings to the potatoes. This is a simple blend, but they can also be seasoned with an Italian seasoning blend, taco seasoning, or even a curry seasoning if you prefer.
How to Make Crispy Crunch Parmesan Potatoes
To make these potatoes, you’ll want to start by washing and patting them dry. If you are using baby potatoes, you don’t have to cut them, but if they are a bit larger, at least cut them in half. I typically quarter the potatoes. Whatever method you choose, you want them to all be around the same size so they cook evenly.
Now, add the potatoes to a large bowl and coat them with the olive oil. Then sprinkle the grated cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper onto the potatoes. Toss these together so they are coated well.
Pour the potatoes into the air fryer basket, in an even layer. They will likely be stacked on top of each other if you are using a basket-style fryer rather than a tray. That is okay. You will be moving them around during the cooking process.
Set your air fryer to 380°F and then set the cooking time for 10 minutes. Toss or shake the potatoes and then continue cooking for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy with a tender inside.
Before serving, top with additional shredded cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
How long are air fryer potatoes good for?
These potatoes stay good in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If the potatoes are still warm, they will form condensation inside the container and this will take away the crispiness of the crispy crunchy parmesan potatoes.
Reheat the potatoes in the air fryer for the best results. Place the desired amount of potatoes in the air fryer basket, spray with some cooking oil, and cook at 200°F for 10 minutes or until heated through. If you reheat them in the microwave, they will be fast but the potatoes will lose that crispiness that you are looking for.
I like to use red potatoes because they are a bit starchy and hold their shape well. You can also use russet potatoes or Yukon Golds. Sweet potatoes will also work, however, you may need to increase the cooking time by a few minutes.
Freshly grated parmesan will always have the best taste with air fryer cheesy potatoes. However, there is nothing wrong with pre-grated. It still tastes amazing.
You can try this same recipe with other vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and squash. If you are looking to try something new, try making parsnips using this recipe. Just make sure to cut the vegetables into 1-inch cubes before air frying.
Air Fryer Recommendations
If you haven’t purchased your air fryer yet, below are a few of my favorites. They are an investment, so make sure what you choose is quality and will provide what you need when cooking.
- Instant Pot Vortex – ideal if you like to prepare larger items or feed a family
- Cosori 5.8 QT – a good workhorse option that has multiple pre-set options
- Power XL 7 QT – another popular choice that fits a bit more than some and is ideal for that 4-portion meal
Deliciously crispy air fryer Parmesan potatoes: a perfect side dish for any meal. Try them now!
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Add potatoes to a mixing bowl. Pour vegetable oil over potatoes and mix well to evenly coat. Sprinkle grated cheese onto the potatoes. Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper on potatoes and mix well to evenly coat.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Pour potatoes into the basket and spread evenly, or as evenly as you can.
- Set the air fryer to French Fry setting, or 380 degrees for 25 minutes. Toss potatoes halfway through cooking.
- When cooking is complete, top with additional shredded cheese and parsley and serve.
- Top with any preferred cheese after roasting.
- Add 1/4 tsp paprika, chili powder, and oregano for more flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 766mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
If you like this recipe, then check out my cookbooks. I’ve created 4 books filled with delicious recipes that are easy to make, packed with flavor, and ideal for a new cook!