Get ready to indulge in delicious, juicy pork chops that are easy to make and lower in fat without sacrificing the taste. With our Healthy Air Fryer Pork Chops recipe, all you need is a few ingredients and your trusty air fryer. You’ll end up with perfectly crispy pork chops that will make your mouth water. Marinate and then cook in under 10 minutes!
Air Fryer Pork Chops with no Breading
Do you love pork chops but don’t want to deal with the hassle of breading and deep frying? Well, here is your solution – air fryer pork chops. This delicious meal looks impressive, tastes amazing, and only takes a fraction of the time to prepare compared to traditional breaded fried pork chops. Get ready for juicy flavors that are perfect for weeknight meals or as a special occasion dish. With this air fryer recipe, you can wow your friends and family without stressing out over complicated preparation steps or an unhealthy meal choice.
Exact measurements can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This recipe includes pork chops and a simple coating/marinade that is packed with flavor. You can marinate these for 2 hours up to overnight before air frying.
- 1 1/2 pounds pork chops – bone-in or boneless
- Brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Soy sauce
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
Not sure what air fryer is best? Check out my favorites below!
- Instant Pot Vortex – ideal if you like to prepare larger items or feed a family
- Cosori 5.8 QT – a good workhorse option that has multiple pre-set options
- Power XL 7 QT – another popular choice that fits a bit more than some and is ideal for that 4-portion meal
How to make Thick Boneless Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
Start by seasoning your pork chops. I like to let this mixture sit for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator, but if you are in a hurry it can be cooked right away.
In a gallon-sized Ziploc bag, add the pork chops, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Toss everything together to coat the meat, then refrigerate until ready to cook.
Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray, or brush with olive oil to prevent sticking. Then place the pork chops in an even layer. If you are doing large chops, it may require doing this in batches.
Set the air fryer to 400°F and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the pork chops, and continue cooking for another 4 to 6 minutes, or until they reach 145°F internally at the thickest point. Repeat until all pork chops are cooked.
Buy pork chops on sale in family packs, then divide them into gallon Ziploc bags with 4 chops per bag. Add this seasoning/marinade and then press all of the air out of the bag, label, date it, and freeze. When you are ready to cook, pull them from the freezer and let them thaw overnight in the marinade. Then just toss it in the air fryer at dinner time.
Variations of air fryer pork chops
There is no end to the flavors you can add to your pork chops when cooking them in the air fryer. I am keeping this a simple seasoning with the Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, but there are so many great choices. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Barbecue sauce – just mix a few tablespoons into the pork chops before cooking.
- Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese – combine these flavors for an Italian take on air fryer pork chops.
- Honey Mustard– create a sweet and savory glaze with honey, mustard, and a touch of garlic powder.
- Chipotle peppers– add a spicy kick to your pork chops with some chili powder, cumin, and chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- Ranch-seasoned pork chops– combine ranch dressing mix with spices like garlic powder and onion powder for a delicious combination
What goes with pork chops that have been air fried?
These pork chops taste amazing with a variety of sides. I recommend mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or even a salad. You can also serve these air fryer pork chops with your favorite condiments like ketchup, mustard, or hot sauce.
If you are serving pork chops to guests, you can always add an extra layer of flavor by making a quick sauce on the side. It will compliment the pork chops perfectly.
My favorite side is the air fryer parmesan potatoes, but you may prefer to do something on the stovetop or even in the oven if you don’t have a larger air fryer on hand.
If you’re short on time and don’t have the chance to thaw your pork chops, no worries! You can still make this delicious meal using frozen pork chops in an air fryer. Simply preheat the air fryer to 375°F and put your frozen pork chops in the basket. Cook for 10 minutes, then turn and continue cooking for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until they reach 145°F internally.
Pork chops should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F. Use a meat thermometer to make sure they are cooked through.
Both can turn out beautifully, but you will want to consider how thick the chops are when looking at your time for cooking. A typical bone-in pork chop is thin enough that it can cook in under 10 minutes, but a thicker cut may require more time.
Cooked pork can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days after cooking.
Absolutely! You can freeze them before cooking for up to 6 months, and if cooked, I recommend using them within 3 months.
If you like this recipe, then check out my cookbooks. I’ve created 4 books filled with delicious recipes that are easy to make, packed with flavor, and ideal for a new cook!
- Mediterranean Air Fryer: 95 Healthy Recipes to Fry, Roast, Bake, and Grill
- Clean Eating Air Fryer Cookbook: 70 Healthy Whole-Food Recipes
- The Complete Dutch Oven Cookbook: 105 Recipes for Your Most Versatile Pot
- The Complete Cookbook for Beginners: Essential Skills and Step-by-Step Techniques
Deliciously crispy air fryer pork chops – a perfect blend of flavors. Enjoy tender meat with a satisfying crunch on the outside of each chop.
- 1-1/2 lbs pork chops (or 4 chops bone-in or boneless)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a gallon size resealable bag. Mix by kneading with your hands. Add pork chops and seal shut. Knead gently with your fingers to evenly distribute marinade.
- Refrigerate and marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place pork chops, in a single layer into the basket. Set the air fryer to 400°F degrees and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the pork chops and continue cooking for 4 to 6 minutes, or until they are 145°F internally.
- A thinner cut of pork will need less time to cook. If your chops are very thin, start with 3 minutes, turn, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. For larger chops, start with 6 minutes, turn, and add another 6 minutes. Check again, and continue cooking in 2-minute increments until they reach temperature.
- If the chops reach 140°F but seem to be browned nicely, remove them from the air fryer and cover them with foil. The residual heat should finish bringing them to temperature for safety while keeping them moist.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 509Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 653mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 59g