This cilantro lime cauliflower rice is a favorite recipe that is fast, easy, and delicious. If you’ve not been on the “cauliflower rice train”, that’s okay. This gives you a great texture and flavor that masks that cauliflower flavor you may not care for. It’s healthier, full of nutrients, and perfect for serving alongside tacos, enchiladas, burritos, or in a chicken bowl.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
If you love Mexican food, then this cilantro lime cauliflower rice bowl is the perfect dish for your menu. Not only does it taste amazing, but it also makes a healthy and energizing option that will have your mouth watering in delight. With fresh herbs, spices, and bold flavors, this recipe is sure to become an instant favorite. Best of all – this dish comes together quickly with minimal effort so you can get back to living life without spending too much time in the kitchen.
This recipe uses a bag of frozen riced cauliflower. If you prefer to make it from scratch, allow additional time for grating the cauliflower into small pieces before you prepare the recipes. For full quantities, you can see the recipe printable at the bottom of the post.
- Cauliflower rice
- Fresh lime
- Black pepper
How to Make Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
This recipe couldn’t be easier! If using frozen cauliflower, cook it according to the package directions. For those making it from scratch, you will grate then steam the cauliflower until tender.
Add the cauliflower to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, and then reduce the heat to low.
Add the lime juice, salt, pepper, and cilantro.
Cook another minute to heat through. Then serve.
Variations of Cauliflower Rice Bowls?
Cilantro lime rice is a very versatile dish. It can be made and served as it is or you can change it up. Add different spices to create amazing combinations, like adding chili powder, cumin, or paprika. You can also add different things to the cilantro lime rice bowls.
- Beef- add ground beef or cooked shredded beef.
- Shrimp – Add cooked shrimp to the dish as a protein-packed addition.
- Chicken- Cook chicken and add it to the dish for more protein.
- Fish – Fish is a great source of omega-3’s, so try adding cooked fish to your cilantro lime rice
- Veggies – Load it up with your favorite veggies like corn, zucchini, bell peppers, and more.
- Cheese – For a creamy addition to the cilantro lime rice bowls you can add feta cheese or a shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Beans – Add in canned black beans for added protein and a boost of flavor.
- Salsa- Top it off with your favorite salsa for a bold and flavorful meal.
What Goes with Cauliflower Rice?
Cauliflower rice is incredibly versatile and can be enjoyed with all sorts of dishes. Try it in tacos burrito bowls, stir-fries, or soups. Serve it as a side dish to grilled meats like steak or chicken. Or even top the cauliflower rice with your favorite toppings to create an amazingly tasty meal. The possibilities are endless.
I love to pair this with this Mexican pork tenderloin. It’s such a good combination for an easy meal that everyone will eat, even your picky eaters.
Yes. To keep your frozen cauliflower rice from getting soggy and limp, try adding a teaspoon of olive oil to the pan before cooking. This will help give it a crispy texture. Additionally, make sure not to overcook your cauliflower rice – it should only take about 5 minutes on medium-high heat for the perfect result. Overcooking the cauliflower rice will leave it tasting dry and rubbery.
Cook cauliflower rice can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To keep it fresh, make sure you tightly cover the container putting it into the fridge. Reheat as needed and enjoy.
If you like this recipe, then check out my cookbooks. I’ve created 4 books filled with delicious recipes that are easy to make, packed with flavor, and ideal for a new cook!
- Mediterranean Air Fryer: 95 Healthy Recipes to Fry, Roast, Bake, and Grill
- Clean Eating Air Fryer Cookbook: 70 Healthy Whole-Food Recipes
- The Complete Dutch Oven Cookbook: 105 Recipes for Your Most Versatile Pot
- The Complete Cookbook for Beginners: Essential Skills and Step-by-Step Techniques
Deliciously zesty cauliflower rice infused with cilantro and lime flavors. A healthy twist on a classic side dish.
- 12 ounces cauliflower rice, bag of frozen
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Prepare the cauliflower according to the package directions. Then add to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then reduce the heat to low and add the lime juice, cilantro, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- You can find cauliflower already riced both in the produce department as well as in the frozen food area of your grocery store.
- To grate your own cauliflower, you can do this by hand with a cheese grater, or chop it into chunks and use the food processor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 608mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g